Hosted by the Barcelona Supercomputing Center
Co-Located with the BEinGRID Industry Days
Barcelo Sants Hotel
June 2-6, 2008
The Call for Participation is now open and proposals for keynote presentations, workshops, and other content useful to the grid and distributed computing industry are welcome. The Call closes on April 11, 2008 with notifications sent no later than April 21, 2008. Registration is found at: OGF23 Registration.
OGF23 will show how grids have become a key enabling technology in a broad spectrum of IT environments. Participants will hear how researchers and scientists in both academic and commercial settings find grids useful to scale their compute capabilities and data analysis while enhancing their ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries. Participants will also hear how commercial users find grids to enable better business agility, reduce costs, and aid in the deployment of a shared, service-oriented infrastructure. OGF23 will also provide a unique forum for discussion on how grids form a necessary underpinning for emerging technologies such as virtualization and clouds.
Participants will have a number of different session types to choose from including:
- Workshops exploring grid usage in scientific disciplines and commercial sectors
- Community Outreach Seminars where key adoption communities can learn of the practical benefit of grid usage
- OGF Specification Adoption sessions demonstrating the impact of OGF’s published specifications and best practices
- Case studies of business uses of grids
- Best practice development sessions where key challenges to grid deployments are discussed and solutions identified
- Chartered group sessions where OGF standards, best practices, and other community work is discussed
- Keynotes and other invited talks.
Registration is now open for OGF23. Plan today to visit Barcelona and participate in this multi-faceted event.