March 2-6, 2009
OGF and OGF-Europe are pleased to offer a limited number of student travel scholarships for EGEE User Forum / OGF25 & OGF-Europe's 2nd Int'l Event, 2-6 March 2009, Catania, Sicily, Italy.
Travel scholarships include travel reimbursement (approximately 800EUR/$1000USD per student) and registration costs. Exact reimbursement amount to be communicated with selected students.
To apply for the OGF25 Student Travel Scholarship, contact Kristi Hamilton via email at email@example.com by January 12, 2009, and include the following information:
- Country of Citizenship*
- Name/location of school currently attending*
- Areas of study related to Grid Computing (including references to scientific publications if any)
- Name and email address of advisor
- Brief explanation of your motivation to apply for the scholarship including:
o Brief explanation of how you think your attendance at OGF25 will be useful to your research or career.
o Intended participation in specific groups and sessions with information whether or not you will be making a presentation at OGF25.
o How you intend on staying involved in grid related activities after OGF25.
If you were involved in OGF activities to date (e.g. discussions on mailing lists, comments concerning specifications, provided input etc.), please specify names of OGF groups or specifications.
Selected scholars will be notified of their acceptance on or before February 2, 2009.
Selected OGF25 scholars must agree to the following:
- Attend a mandatory training session onsite, before the meeting begins.
- Assist in set up of meeting rooms, registration area, etc.
- Provide administrative help to onsite OGF staff during the week.
- Provide a post-event report to OGF-Europe. This report should include information about participation in OGF25 and future plans related to grids (a template will be given to scholars), so that scholars will contribute to the overall report on the event to the European Commission as co-authors.
Failure to perform within these guidelines will result in a forfeit of travel, lodging and registration fees waived. If you disagree with any of the above, please do not submit an application.
(*) It is necessary to distinguish citizenship of applicants due to various funding sources.