May 26-28, 2009
OGF is pleased to offer a limited number of student travel scholarships for OGF26, 26-29 May 2009, located at The Friday Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA.
Travel scholarships include travel reimbursement up to $1,000USD and registration costs.
To apply for the OGF26 Student Travel Scholarship, contact Kristi Hamilton via email at email@example.com by March 31, 2009, and include the following information:
- Country of Citizenship*
- Name/location of school currently attending*
- Areas of study related to Grid Computing (including references to scientific publications if any)
- Name and email address of advisor
- Brief explanation of your motivation to apply for the scholarship including:
o Brief explanation of how you think your attendance at OGF26 will be useful to your research or career.
o Intended participation in specific groups and sessions with information whether or not you will be making a presentation at OGF26.
o How you intend on staying involved in grid related activities after OGF26.
If you were involved in OGF activities to date (e.g. discussions on mailing lists, comments concerning specifications, provided input etc.), please specify names of OGF groups or specifications.
Selected scholars will be notified of their acceptance on or before April 10, 2009.
Selected OGF26 scholars must agree to the following:
- Attend a mandatory training session onsite, before the meeting begins.
- Assist in set up of meeting rooms, registration area, etc.
- Provide administrative help to onsite OGF staff during the week.
Failure to perform within these guidelines will result in a forfeit of travel, lodging and waived registration fees. If you disagree with any of the above, please do not submit an application.
(*) It is necessary to distinguish citizenship of applicants due to various funding sources.