Session Request Instructions
How to submit a request for a WG/RG/CG/BOF Session:
- Go to cfp.php This form is used for all types of sessions. Select the 'Group Session' or 'BoF' type and click 'Continue'
- Notice the required fields labeled with an asterix (*)
- Enter your first, last, and email address
- Supply a Title and Description for your session
- While optional, we encourage you to fill in the Session Leader(s) and Agenda to give more information to your potential attendees
- Select your group from the list. If your session is a BOF or if your group isn't listed, enter its name in the BOF Name field
- Select the Area to which your group or BOF belongs
- Select the Session Type, Duration and Expected Attendance
- A projector and screen will be provided. If you need a dial-in phone line, check the box. Also enter the number of microphones your session will need.
- Enter the URL(s) for any draft documents or other information used in your session
- Enter Area or Group sessions to avoid in scheduling your session (you may select multiples by Control-click in Windows or Command-click in Macintosh) Please be conservative in these requests since elaborate sets will make scheduling more difficult
- Enter dates/times to avoid or prefer in scheduling your session to accommodate travel arrangements and other needs
- Additional comments may be entered in the Other Comment field
- Press Submit Request when complete.
- If your group is a BOF, or if you are requesting more than the allotted number of sessions for your group, the Request Status will be set to "Need AD Approval", otherwise it will be set to "Requested"
- Scheduled Slot is for internal use, and will be filled in as your session is scheduled