The OGF-Europe project is aligned with OGF's global mission of pervasive Grid adoption through interoperable software standards. Key deliverables include outreach seminars and workshops, adoption challenges and recommendations reports; community surveys, best practice reports and tutorials.
OGF-Europe also co-ordinates an "Industry Experts" council to better understand how European enterprises are dealing with issues surrounding interoperations and standardisation and to engage them in the core work of OGF.
OGF-Europe is aimed at:
- Bringing enterprise and eScience communities together to break down barriers and foster mainstream Grid adoption.
- Creating a stronger voice in shaping European and global priorities while emphasising the need for open standards.
- Synchronising requirements across key stakeholder communities, through stronger engagement from Europe, and accelerating end-user adoption.
- Ensuring that standards developed are suited to European requirements.
- Capitalising on the significant innovation in Grid computing that Europe has built so it may be more influential and better recognised globally.
OGF-Europe Web Site